Friday, December 11, 2009

Can I collect unemployment benefits if I have 757 hours worked this year in Florida.?

President Bush signed The Unemployment Extension Act of 2008 into law Friday, lengthening the period of government assistance to Americans struggling in the shrinking job market.Can I collect unemployment benefits if I have 757 hours worked this year in Florida.?
Maybe - depends on when you worked them, how much you made and why you are no longer employed. Apply for unemployment, and they'll tell you. The extension doesn't change eligibility for benefits, just lengthens the time for people who can't find a job.Can I collect unemployment benefits if I have 757 hours worked this year in Florida.?
In Penna, a benefit earnings year is based on the earliest 4 of the 5 previous calendar quarters. someone laid off in Nov, would have their benefits based on their earnings from July 07-June 08 - not sure how Florida handles it - with only 787 hrs worked, you aren;t going to get much in benefits, unless you made $30 an hr or something, benefits are based on earnings, not hrs worked

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection