Friday, December 11, 2009

With only one fallopian tube working - how will this affect my chances of getting pregnant?

I've had the end of one of my fallopian tubes removed when I gave birth to my son by emergency cesarean 17 months ago.





We have been ttc since last September without luck. Does anyone else have experience of this or know how long it might take me to get pregnant with just one tube working?





Also I am 35 now and worrying that my fertility will have dropped anyway with age! Struggling to cope with the disappointment every month.With only one fallopian tube working - how will this affect my chances of getting pregnant?
My mom had one fallopian tube when she had me, she had to have it taken out after my brother caused some damage. She was told that having the one tube would mean she would be more likely to have a girl i think it took her 6 months to conceive me. Just keep going, good luckWith only one fallopian tube working - how will this affect my chances of getting pregnant?
IF you have 1 tube open, this cuts your chances in half. Suggest making sure that the tube is open, have you considered an HSG test? Have you had bloodwork to determine your ovaries are still functioning? FSH test, 10-12 or higher indicates ovarian failure. My suggestion is to be aggressive, don't wait
try pre seed
Be patient is what I have always told our patients in the office. You ovulate on one side usually switches every month, but we are all different. I swear by this one, stop talking about it, and don't worry, just relax. I told one of our patients who was trying so hard to conceive to just have a date night with hubby, keep track of temp spikes, or use the ovulation test etc. Get a glass of wine some candles and just enjoy making love with your husband. She was pregnant the next month. Listen many women get pregnant with one fallopian tube. Just as many men have babies with one testicle. 35 used to be called high risk, but now is a very common age for women to have children. Yes as we get older our risk go up, but up until menopause you are still releasing eggs. So just hang in there and relax, can't prove it medically but gotta say that is when I have seen it happen. Next phase would be the shots. Try this method first.


Best of Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection