Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is this bad???? My work didnt give me a W4 form when i was first hired, and in my record they cant find my app

yea, they are taking out the MAXIMUM amount of taxes, and everyone else at my work filled out a form saying EXEMPT or somehting like that and i never got one of these forms, and i am only 16!!! so i know i can do that, and then when i asked them to see my reord they dotn even have my APP in there! but in everyone else they do.Is this bad???? My work didnt give me a W4 form when i was first hired, and in my record they cant find my app
Well, it's less of a problem than it seems like, since if you overpay your income taxes from your check, you'll get the overpayment back at the end of the year when you file your tax return.





Ask for a W-4 form to fill out so that they don't deduct so much tax. If you're going to make less than about $5300 for the year, you can file as exempt, otherwise file as single, zero allowances.





If they can't find your application, ask them if you can fill out another one so they have it on file.Is this bad???? My work didnt give me a W4 form when i was first hired, and in my record they cant find my app
It is not bad.





If taxes are taken out of your pay that you don't owe, you can get that money back. You will file a tax return in 2008 and get your full refund.





You should have filled out a W-4 showing that the correct amount of taxes were withheld. But you will not lose the withholding that has come out of your paycheck, you will get it back.





If you want, go fill out another W-4 and have your withholding adjusted.
As long as you are getting paid, that is what counts. You can fill out a W-4 at any time, but there is no way to get back the money that is already deducted except from the IRS when you file taxes for a refund. Since they took out more money than you owe, if you arn't exempt, claim the maximum you can for the rest of the time you work. Among other things, the company could be in trouble for not having an I-9 from everyone proving they looked at ID before hiring.
  • long hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    virus protection