Saturday, December 5, 2009

How do you work out this algebraic expression?

I'm studying for my maths exam and I am stuck on how to work out this question. I can check what the answer is but I'd like to know how to get the answer.





-x * (-x)^2 * x














How do you work out this algebraic expression?
What you are looking at is:





(-X)^2 is like that actually this: -1(X)^2





so that becomes:





- X * -1(X)^2 * X now collect your terms:


which will give:


-1 (-X^4)


minus times a minus equal positive:


which will give you X^4How do you work out this algebraic expression?
= -x * x * x because negative multiplied by negative is positive


= -x^3 final answer
I agree that it's -x^4 because (-x)^2 means -x times -x which is positive x^2.





So you get -x * x^2 * x or -x * x * x * x which equals -x^4.





Good luck on the exam !
I don't know but I do know you can go to google and put in equation and get the answer it works really well



ok,





(-x)^2 = -x * -x = x^2


and


-x* x = -x^2


and


x^2 * -x^2 = -x^4 ANSWER
-x^4

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection