Thursday, June 24, 2010

NETGEAR Wireless internet.. works on this but not laptop..?

My wireless internet is working on this computer (main) but not on my laptop.. I tried to connect to ';Katie'; (me) and it says diagnose problem or connect to different network. I have no idea what I'm doing.. can someone walk me through? Please? Thanks so much for taking the time to help me. %26lt;3NETGEAR Wireless internet.. works on this but not laptop..?
Hey, ok we have to check a couple of things. First we need to know if you were able to connect before this happened. Also we need to know if you unplugged anything recently from your router to your modem.





First lets check that all the light on the router are on and working the way they worked before. Second we need to find out how many lights you have on your modem, the modem is the little device that your internet provider provide for you. This might be connected to your phone line or cable.





If you didn't unplugg anything from any of those boxes, then the problem might be with the configuration of the router. To check this we have to access the modem's page and then check the settings, there we need to find what the user id and password are fore the internet connection. This user id and password was given to you by your internet provider, this can be an e-mail address... After this we can check other things. For further help please e-mail me at luisangelrivero@yahoo.com.... please e-mail me I know what I am doing... take care...NETGEAR Wireless internet.. works on this but not laptop..?
Do you have a wifi off and on switch? When I first got a new laptop with built in wifi receiver I thought it was broke; the store showed me the on off switch - it was off!





If you are still under warranty the company Tech Assist help line may be able to help you. You know, talking to a real live person!





Perhaps you have free warranty work where you can take it back to your store and one of the tech/nerds can show you. I have Verizon as my network provider and they helped me get my laptop connected when I had problems, it's free!





Have you taken your laptop to a McDonalds or library where you have free wifi and did it work? I have a bull's eye type graph that I can access that show me what wifi is available in my area and my house. Are you locked out, if so you need permission to gain access.





On my laptop I have a wireless set up under the Control Panel choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection